Friday, October 24, 2008

Blogging is good for your mind

Roger Ebert updated his blog by saying since he has been unable to speak, his writing ability has increased. Heck Yes. But I think it has a little bit to do with the actual blogging as well as being unable to speak.

Updating regularly changes the way you think, a little bit. You frame things into an entry. He wrote, "...my mind has started dictating before I am at a keyboard. Ideas and words present themselves at any time." This happened to me the other day at work. I was thinking of an entry, thinking of my phrases when there was no way I would get to a computer until hours from them.

It disciplines your mind. Sharpens your written communication skills. And, as Ebert has realized, propels you into conversation. A conversation you do not need to verbalize.

No comments: