Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things you should not do at work: save files about Herpes

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there are certain things you shouldn't do at work. Especially on your work computer, where its possible that other people will see it.

First, it was the resume that went on for three pages. This was humorous to me. I thought about saying something to the person with a three page resume, but I ended up just letting it go. After all, its a tough world out there, and I'm trying to find a more stable job. It comforted me to know that there were people in the world with three page resumes in 10 point font.

But today, while clearing out any images that I used on the blog from the pictures file, I found document after document on the herpes virus. Plus a certificate of appointment to give a urine test with the person's name on it.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with having an STD. But there is something wrong with saving it on a shared work computer. I was just looking through documents to see what could be deleted. It didn't have a descriptive title, so I clicked it to see what it was. I didn't need to read information on how to tell a loved one you've infected them with an STD. Or see the picture file of a colleage's appointment for a urine test.

No comments: