Sunday, January 4, 2009

Things I'm Over That Need To Stay Out Of The News

1. Rod Blagojevich



At first, I was amused. Second, I was pissed that Illinois voters were getting the blame. I defended Illinois voters in two posts.

But now I can't care. Ronald Burris blah blah blah.

2. Sarah Palin



I stopped writing about her because it was becoming an obsession. Why can't the media let her go?

3. Amy Winehouse



Why isn't there enough evidence to send her to rehab yet? Why is she still being followed by paparazzi?

4. The Dow/The Economy

I'm bored with this. Really. I know its bad. I know its bad every time I get less interest in my bank account. I know. I don't need to know how much the Dow rose or fell on whatever day, I don't need to know how many people Sprint or the Chicago Tribune laid off. The only thing I want to hear about is how much money I'm getting from the stimulus package. And no one has told me anything yet.

5. Ginkgo Trees



So I guess this has been a DC thing, but seriously. I started hearing about this in November: how these goddamn trees are the reason why downtown DC smells like dogshit. I have to think about how the berries being crushed underfoot are the reason why the place I live smells like a shithole. I'm over it.

No comments: