Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goal for 2009: Read Less

Okay. I've read about a thousand posts about people's goals. My goal is to read less. I read a lot. I specifically should be reading less books.

I read a mix of books, but I'm thinking I need to scale back on the less respectable "literature". This means a massive scale back on Teen Fiction. Thank god I got those Vampirey Books out of the way, huh? This came to me while I was thinking about rereading The Princess Diaries and reading the later ones for the first time. Ugh. I need to stop.

I also looked around at the store for The Cider House Rules. I've already read it twice. There are John Irving books in the world that I haven't read.

Instead: I need to read something more challenging. I also should be writing more. Reading, especially teen novels or novels I have already read should not take up so much of my time.

To sum up:

1. Read less
2. Write more
3. When reading, make it challenging

No comments: