Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Make Mistakes In The Form Of Shopping Mall Trips

I made a mistake, just four days before Christmas. I went to a shopping mall unprepared. I thought it would be fun to go shopping with a friend, who needed gloves. I had a $10 any purchase at Victoria's Secret. It was a Monday afternoon, about 2. What's the worst that can happen?

It wasn't terrible, but Jesus Christ, where did all those people come from? Don't they know that we're in a huge recession and that Christmas go canceled? It's fucking Monday afternoon, you all have no jobs, and you're out spending money?

My friend, who apparently has stopped his updating, and I ran into a mutual acquaintance.

"I thought, shit, Monday afternoon would be perfect to shop for my girlfriend. But apparently, everyone has no job and is just out spending the money they don't have."

Exactly my sentiment! I was there because I had foolishly decided to take a week off from big city life to see my parents. (I would have no doubt have been replaced at both my jobs if I wasn't so damned awesome for this audacity.) What were these other people doing at the mall? Aren't we on the verge of all being poor? Do you all think you're as awesome as me in that you'll be allowed to return to your jobs?

Anyway, it was crowded. The message: don't go to shopping malls before Christmas.

No comments: