Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Five Things That Would Have Shocked Me Five Years Ago

1. Blur would not have produced an album in five years. That they have played a reunion show is a step in the right direction, but fall of 2003 was when I first got into Blur, and it hurts my soul that I got into at the end.

2. I am living in a Big City. I couldn't really see past moving out of my parents house.

3. I have actual jobs. In 2003, I had miraculously gotten my first job: paper carrier at the Southern Illinoisan. It mostly blew because I was sleepy all the time. This is when I first started skipping first hour because I slept through it. But it was the only job I could get. Its relieving to know now that with my last retail job, I sent in an application and they contacted me within four hours.

4. I have a boyfriend. This would have seemed beyond me at 17. After all, I read too much, talk to loudly, and am extremely uncoordinated.

5. I just restarted writing. I used to write all the time. I used to obsessively document the facts of my life. I used to write short stories. I used to be damned prolific. This blog is nothing compared to how much I used to write. Even the novel is almost nothing compared to how much time I spent writing.

That is my end of year round up. Excitement.

No comments: