Monday, October 27, 2008

The Post Where I Decide To Participate In NaNoWriMo

I knew National Novel Writing Month was coming up, because I remembered someone from my dorm participated in it. I never found out if she finished though.

The set up: begin writing a novel November 1st. Write 50,000 words by midnight, November 30th. That's 1666 2/3 words a day, approximately three pages. I can maybe do this. The focus is on quantity, not quality. Just put something out there. If your novel isn't done, that's okay. You have 50,000 words of one.

I'm out of college. I write this blog, but that's my only project that consistently uses my thought. The blog might suffer, but I see it only suffering down to one post a day.

I'll use GoogleDocs to help me out. I use a computer at work (don't worry, they encourage surfing the web) so I'll be able to take advantage of the time there. All that's left is for November 1st to come around and I can get started!

No comments: