Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Open Letter to CNN and iReporters

Dear CNN and iReporters,

Most of what the iReporters report on is not news. I generally don't care what normal people say. I can call my parents and grandparents. I can overhear this in public places. Most of the people I know are "normal".

iReporters, besides giving an outlet for "normal" people to react to big news (which, hello, blogs do) they also provide an outlet for stupid news.

Enter the 2008 Kitty Caucus. Or the CNN iReport page.



In case you don't want to click over, I'll spoil it for you: these cats "vote" by pooping into designated boxes. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but ew, really? This is what constitutes lighthearted election news?

I'd more likely accept some pictures of a cat with an Obama button on her collar, or a dog wearing a McCain shirt. There are so many cute things you can do with animals.
Please do not involve their litter boxes.

This is just one of the many examples of non-news running on the iReport. Can we scrap the whole project now?

Thank you,

A person who enjoys news but not cat poop

No comments: