Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thoughts on Money but not the Recession

funny pictures
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

One of the most disgusting things about growing up is how much less money is worth to you. I remember receiving a little less than $10 for Easter one year when I was about 9 and thinking that would last me at least a month.

Seven or eight years later I received double that amount of money. I thought, "Great, I have gas money! I'll go on my way back into town."

My paychecks from the bookstore are about $300 biweekly, and I think, "Is that all?"

Right now, all I want is the steady 9-5, two weeks vacation, five sick days, and all national holidays. But it would be something else, if I had that, I'm sure.

With that, today I work 8a.m.-5p.m. temping, then 5:30pm. to 11:30p.m. at the bookstore. At this point, I don't see how people can ever retire; it will never feel like enough.

No comments: