Sunday, April 12, 2009

No longer landlocked by cash crops? No problem?



There was a point in my life in which I'd be at an Elsinore concert once a month or so. It's been ten months since my last one.

Towards the end of the concert, I asked if they were going to play "Timid Maggie Mae" which is one of my favorite songs of theirs.

Their response? "Who are you?"

Fair enough. They claim they haven't played that song in two years, when I know for a fact I heard it at the concert in the park last June. Instead, I get the above song dedicated to me: Landlocked. The song I (among others) dumped into an Elsinore playlist three weeks ago. The song that choked me up on the way to the metro:

"People in the Midwest
Have giant hearts inside their chest
Landlocked by cash crops"

Surrounded by tall buildings and honking cars, I am no longer in the Midwest, no longer landlocked by soybeans or corn. No longer able to go to Elsinore concerts once a month or so.

I am a tiny bit homesick. Going to the concert felt a tiny bit like coming home. Apparently the bar (The Velvet Lounge) smells like Recycled Records in Springfield, IL.

It was a great concert. Too bad it was a Sunday night, and Easter Sunday as well.

The below video is just hilarious. Just fantastic. Kristen, you should watch it.



And, OH MY GOD Ryan Groff (lead singer) looks so young in this:

No comments: