Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Am Not Crazy For Vampires



I am not crazy for vampires. They are interesting, I will give you that. But they're cold. They thirst for blood. And they know fucking everything because they've been around forever. They're tiresome. Boring. Bah humbug.

I still enjoy reading about them in the series Twilight. It isn't as good as Harry Potter. But I read a lot, and not all of it is high brow. But I enjoy me a good plot every now and then.

I read Midnight Sun today, the abandoned draft, a retelling of Twilight from the vampire's point of view. After it was leaked, the author refused to have anything to do with it. This is too bad, since with a brush up it could be just as good as any of the books in the series.

To sum this all up: I enjoy it but I am not seeing the movie. I like the books but I'm not going to petition the Publisher or Author endlessly for Midnight Sun or any other book about the characters.

Except for this blog post.

No comments: